We Stand Together
Founders Norman Mitchell and Darcy Padgett are smart, passionate and dedicated to building strong, healthy communities by enhancing the quality of life for vulnerable individuals and families in at-risk communities.
Bee Busy, Inc. | Est. 2000
Bee Busy Wellness Center, Inc. is dedicated to empower disenfranchised populations by offering alternative solutions for personal growth and development and improving knowledge, self-esteem and self-efficacy.
Testing & Counseling
Getting tested regularly for Hepatitis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV & Syphilis is essential and over the past three decades has led to remarkable strides in preventing the spread of HIV and other STD’s.
Education & Outreach
Rapid testing is an innovative initiative and grass-roots effort dedicated to changing people’s knowledge of their health status so they can improve what they do about it.
In Texas, 53,000 teen births occur each year, making it the third-highest state in the U.S. The program encourages students to either abstain or, for those students who are already sexually active, to use use birth control, get tested and use condoms consistently and correctly.
Change starts right here. Right now.
Through you Bee Busy, Inc offers free testing, counseling. parent information and resources for prevention. Have the talk, visit the website, get tested and call Today! 713-774-8800. Mon – Fri 9am – 8pm Sat 10am – 4pm. beebusy.org
living with Purpose
Norman Mitchell: Chief Executive Officer and Darcy Padgett: Executive Director, founders of Bee Busy, Inc. The purpose of Bee Busy is to decrease statistics among individuals and families including but not limited to HIV/STD infection, suicide, runaways, illiteracy, high-school dropouts and incarceration by providing competent, culturally-diverse, non-discriminatory, life-changing programs.
- Early Diagnosis Program which is a HIV counseling, testing and referral service targeting the highest impacted community, YMSM (young men who sleep with men) of color ages 15 – 29. This program provides more than 3,500 annual HIV and Syphilis tests.
- Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services (CRCS), services that are provided to the transgender community through a collaborative.
- Adolescent Health Education delivers comprehensive curricula to youth and young adults ranging from 12 to 24 The STRAPP (Students Taking Responsibility and Action to Prevent Pregnancy) team focuses on preventing pregnancy. GINI (Get Informed, Not Infected) teaches safe sex practices and STD-risk reduction.
- B2M (Boys to Men, Men to Mentors) a community mobilization program designed to mobilize the GLBT populations.
- SHADES is a substance use/abuse intervention targeting African American women.
- Utest is a dynamic public health campaign designed to encourage testing.
1. City of Houston, Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of HIV/STD and Viral Hepatitis Prevention, 2. Department of State Health Services, Bureau of HIV/STD Prevention, 3. Administration of Children, Youth and Families, 4. Gilead Sciences, Inc., 5. SAMHSA
6. Private Donors, Like You